Tatkal Charges applicable for journey starting from 24.12.2015 onwards
|Class of Travel||Minimum Tatkal Charges (in Rs.)||Maximum Tatkal Charges
|Minimum Distance for charge(in Km)|
|Reserve Second sitting (2S)||10.00||15.00||100|
|AC Chair Car||125.00||225.00||250|
|AC 3 Tier||300.00||400.00||500|
|AC 2 Tier||400.00||500.00||500|
The below is the Tatkal scheme of the Government of India, Ministry Of Railways
Note: The tatkal scheme is not up to date. It may vary from current scheme.
|This is the amendment in the tatkal scheme of IRCTC and Indian Railway from 15th Of June. For details: IRCTC Indian Railway Tatkal Timings Changed|
This is the tatkal scheme made on the session 2013-14, tatkal charges may be different as shown here. Please refer to indianrail.gov.in for accurate tatkal scheme deatils.
- As per announcement made in the Railway Budget 2013-14, It has been decided to revise Tatkal Charges as given below.
- The Tatkal Charges have been fixed as a percentage of fare at the rate of 10% of basic fare for second class and 30% of basic fare for all other classes subject to minimum and maximum as given in the table below.
Class of Travel
Minimum Tatkal Charges (in Rs.)
Maximum Tatkal Charges (in Rs.)
AC Chair Car
AC 3 Tier
AC 2 Tier
- The above charges will be levied uniformly both in peak period & non-peak periods.
- Tatkal tickets will be issued for actual distance of travel, instead of end-to-end, subject to the distance restriction applicable to the train. The same Tatkal berth/seat may be booked in multiple legs till preparation of charts. At the time of preparation of charts, unutilized portion may be released to the General RAC/Waiting list passengers.
- Tatkal facility is also available in Executive Class of Shatabadi Express trains also, by earmarking 10% of the accommodation available i.e. 5 seats per coach.
- Tatkal booking opens at 10 AM on One days in advance actual date of journey excluding date of journey w.e.f. of 10.07.2012(commercial circular no:43 of 2012). e.g. for train leaving on 6th, Tatkal Booking will Commence at 10 AM on 5th.
- No duplicate Tatkal tickets shall be issued. Duplicate Tatkal tickets shall be issued only in exceptional cases on payment of full fare including Tatkal charges.
- Tatkal tickets shall be issued only on production of one of the ten prescribed proofs of identity shown under (as mentioned in Commercial Circular No.68 of 2012 issued vide letter No.2011/TG-I/20/P/ID dated 01.11.2012) as per procedure explained below:-1.Voter Photo identity card issued by Election Commision of India.2.Passport3.PAN Card issued by Income Tax Department.4.Driving Licence issued by RTO.5.Photo identity card having serial number issued by Central/State Government.6.Student Identity Card with photograph issued by recognized School/College for their students.7.Nationalized Bank Passbok with photograph.8.Credit cards issued by banks with laminated photograph.9.Unique Identification Card "Aadhaar".10.Photo identity cards having serial number issued by Public Sector Undertaking of State/Central Government, District Administration, Municipal bodies and Penchant Administration.
a. For this purpose, a self attested photo copy of the proof of identity of anyone passenger shall be attached to the requisition slip.
b. The details of the identity proof shall be captured by the system and indicated on the reserved tickets as well on the reservation chart.
c. It will not be mandatory for the passenger(s) to go to the counter to book the Tatkal ticket, however, the proof will have to be sent in the aforementioned manner.
d. During the journey, the passenger, whose identity card number has been indicated on the ticket, will have to produce original proof of identity indicated on the ticket, failing which all the passengers booked on the ticket shall be treated as traveling without ticket and charged accordingly. Indication will come on the ticket regarding carrying the same original proof of identity during the journey, as indicated on the ticket.
e. If the passenger whose identity card number is indicated on the ticket is not traveling, all other passengers booked on that ticket, if foundtraveling in train, will be treated as traveling without ticket and charged accordingly.
- Agents / RTSAs/Web service agents/Web agents of IRCTC are restricted from the booking Tatkal tickets between 1000 hours and 1200 hours. This restriction shall be enforced through frequent inspection at the counters. The agents both web service agents and web agents shall also be restricted from booking Tatkal tickets on the internet between 1000 hours and 1200 hours.
- Even for internet booking for Tatkal tickets, the passenger shall enter the identity proof type and number, which is to be used for travel. These details shall be printed on the ERS/indicated on the VRM/MRM as well as in the reservation chart.
- It will be possible to book a maximum of only four passengers per PNR forTatkal tickets.
- The web services agents of IRCTC will be permitted to book only one Tatkal ticket per train per day on the internet.
- The facility of change of name is not permitted on the bookings made under Tatkal scheme
- TDRs are not being issued for waiting list tickets.
- REFUNDS - No refund will be granted on cancellation of confirmed Tatkal tickets/duplicate tatkal ticket except in case of circumstances mentioned in para 2 of instructions contained in Commercial Circular no. 53 of 2006 issued vide letter no. 2006/TGII/ 20/P/Tatkal, dated 30.06.2006. However, full refund of fare and tatkal charges will be granted on the tickets booked under Tatkal scheme in the following circumstances :-
- If the train is delayed by more than 3 hours at the journey originating point of the passenger & not the boarding point if the passenger's journey originating point and boarding point are different.
- If the train is to run on a diverted route and passenger is not willing to travel.
- If the train is to run on diverted route and boarding station or the destination or both the stations are not on the diverted route.
- In case of non attachment of coach in which Tatkal accommodation has been earmarked and the passenger has not been provided accommodation in the same class.
- If the party has been accommodated in lower class and does not want to travel. In case the party travels in lower class, the passenger will be given refund of difference of fare and also the difference of Tatkal charges, if any.
Seat Availability - Indian Railways
User Guide To IRCTC.CO.IN
Cheap Air Tickets Flight Booking